- This event has passed.
Data Use in Out-of-School Time, Part III: Free and Low-Cost Resources for Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement in Afterschool
March 25, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Professionals and practitioners in afterschool and summer programs see evidence that their work benefits young people every day, but may struggle to quantify and effectively tell the stories, especially when working with a limited budget.
Fortunately, there are many terrific free and low-cost resources that afterschool and summer programs can use to refine their vision for evaluation, collect relevant, meaningful information, and put that information into action. In this session, panelists will share their go-to resources for evaluation and continuous program improvement in afterschool and summer and offer insight about how to make the most of what’s available.
This session is intended as an intermediate-level overview of available resources for evaluation and learning. Program leaders and supervisors, and those with a formal role for data collection and reporting, are most likely to benefit from attending.
- Regino Chavez, Director of Evaluation, LA’s BEST
- Christy Gallese, Director, Expanded Learning Opportunities
- Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner, Strategy Manager, Ignite Afterschool
- Corey Newhouse, Founder and Principal, Public Profit
- Jocelyn Wiedow, Network and Quality Coordinator, Sprockets
- Nikki Yamashiro, Vice President of Research, Afterschool Alliance (moderator)