- This event has passed.
The Walking Classroom in Afterschool
October 5, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Walking Classroom is simple: kids listen to fun, educational podcasts that align with content standards while they take a brisk walk.
This effective, fun, and engaging program is easily implemented in afterschool for in-person, virtual, and hybrid learning environments.
The program naturally allows for physical distancing between students as they walk—either at school, afterschool, or at home. Our mobile app brings the program to any mobile device, while our preloaded WalkKit audio players are great for students with no internet or mobile devices. Every podcast is supported by a lesson plan and tons of supplemental resources.
Attend this afterschool webinar and get:
- Ideas for combining physical activity with learning
- Ideas for introducing and incorporating social-emotional skills
- Ideas for using the podcast topic library as a starting point for building a rich afterschool curriculum
- A free copy of our electronic Teacher’s Guide full of lesson plans and program guidance! (a $100 value)
- 1 hr of Professional Development credit (Certificates sent to attendees by request.)