- This event has passed.
School-Age Child Care Opportunities for Afterschool and Summer
June 3, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
For many, the COVID-19 pandemic has exposed both the critical importance of child care and the glaring inequities in the child care system related to access, supply, affordability, and quality. Perhaps more than ever, there is an opportunity to support working parents’ care needs across the age continuum.
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) passed in March of 2021 provided close to $40 billion for child care programs, creating the opportunity to expand opportunities for access to high-quality care and more adequately meet program operational needs, among others.
In this webinar, we discuss the importance of directing some of these essential new child care funds to school-age care, including afterschool and summer programs, and outline information for providers on how the funds might support their work and ability to serve youth and families equitably.
- Alycia Hardy, Policy Analyst, Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Tiffany Ferrette, Policy Analyst, Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Elena Rocha, Senior Director, Youth Development Partnerships and Policy, YMCA of the USA
- Gloria Hampton, Director of School-Age Services, Unleashing Potential
- Jillian Luchner, Policy Manager, Afterschool Alliance