- This event has passed.
Free Parent/Caretaker Virtual Workshop – Dyslexia/Reading Difficulties
July 27, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
1p.m. – Reading 101
- How reading happens in the brain
- Types of reading difficulties
- Who do I talk to if I think my child has reading difficulties?
- Dyslexia in Kentucky
- Hindman Settlement School Dyslexia Services in Knott, Perry, Hazard and Leslie County Schools
2 p.m. – What to do if my child has been identified with a reading disability?
- Angry and afraid: It’s normal!
- Don’t ask for the PROGRAM, ask for the PLAN
- What can I do at home?
3 p.m. – Older learners with reading difficulties
- What do I do now?
- How can we embrace the uniqueness of the brain?
- Study skills, study skills, study skills!
- Anna M. Hardway, Master’s level Reading Specialist and Educator
- Ola Pigman, Dyslexia Program Director, Hindman Settlement School