- This event has passed.
American Rescue Plan Act: Funding Social and Emotional Learning
May 21, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
With historic levels of funding in education available, how is your community making connections to social and emotional learning (SEL) in your budget priorities?
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) offers an unparalleled opportunity for state and district leaders to make long-term investments in SEL to: support students’ learning and development, promote educator SEL and well-being, deepen partnerships with families and communities, and create more inclusive and equitable learning environments.
Attendees will gain insights into:
- How state and district leaders can make wise investments that will sustain SEL long-term and translate into rich learning experiences and important outcomes for all students.
- What SEL spending is allowed under ARP
- Who should be part of the decision-making conversations
This conversation will be facilitated by Dana Godek, Manager of Policy and Research at CASEL who will be joined by:
- Dr. Susan Bunting, Secretary of Education, Delaware Department of Education
- Teri B. Lawler, Ed.D., Education Associate Trauma-Informed Practices and Social and Emotional Learning, Office of Equity and Innovation at the Delaware Department of Education
- Dr. Orrin White, Director, College and Career Success at the United Way of Delaware
- Susana Cordova, Deputy Superintendent, Leading and Learning at Dallas Independent School District.