The Kentucky Out-of-School Alliance (KYOSA) is excited to soon start recruitment for our inaugural 2022-2023 ambassador class. The goal of the Kentucky Afterschool Ambassador program is to empower up-and-coming leaders in the field of afterschool to confidently and effectively advocate for afterschool for all Kentucky youth. Ambassadors will be a select group of leaders who commit to a year of civic engagement to strengthen community awareness, support effective programs, and bring diverse partners to the table. This is a great opportunity to amplify your work to serve Kentucky youth.
During their ambassadorship, Kentucky Afterschool Ambassadors will:
- Build relationships with state and local elected officials through in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, and social media;
- Receive training that will prepare them for outreach to policymakers and other leaders; and
- Participate in events and activities to promote afterschool programs and the policies that make them possible.
Anyone with a strong passion for afterschool and an interest in advocacy is encouraged to apply. This can include, but is not limited to, afterschool professionals (directors, managers, front-line staff, retirees etc.), school teachers or administrators, city or county-level officials, other non-profit or for-profit professionals, and more. However, we will limit selection to one person per organization. Up to 12 ambassadors will be selected, with representation from each of the six U.S. Congressional districts in Kentucky expected.
- May 16, 2022: Application for the 2022-2023 Ambassador class released
- June 2, 2022: Informational Lunch & Learn (Zoom)
- July 1, 2022: Application closes
- July 11 – 22, 2022: Semi-finalists interviews
- August 1, 2022: 2022-2023 Kentucky Afterschool Ambassador Class announced
Ambassadors will receive a $1,000 stipend for their commitment to the program – $500 paid in December and $500 paid at the end of their term. To learn more about the Kentucky Afterschool Ambassadors program and how to apply, visit https://kyoutofschoolalliance.org/ambassador-program/.