In response to the severity and enormity of the societal challenges America faces that require entrepreneurial leaders to pursue innovative solutions, the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) is launching a new Summer Innovation Fellowship for leaders of color, which will offer:
- $25,000 towards implementing an in-person, virtual, or hybrid summer learning program;
- A personal NSLA Coach to work with them regularly in their planning;
- Access to NSLA tools, resources, and convenings to support their work;
- Mentoring opportunities with experienced role models and leaders in the field; and
- Free registration to NSLA’s annual Summer Changes Everything™ national conference.
NSLA aims to support emerging leaders of color who are:
- Looking to launch, modify or expand a new program serving low-income students;
- Model and promote unique and innovative practices, partnerships, or policies;
- Address an unmet need and offer students some combination of academic, enrichment, and physical and social-emotional; and
- Interested in measuring their success and joining the NSLA.
Applicants should be sponsored by or apply in conjunction with a fiscal sponsor such as a school district, nonprofit, or government agency. To apply for this Fellowship, please complete the online application by Friday, February 12, 2021. Winners will be notified by Tuesday, February 26, 2021.
Please contact, NSLA Director of Program and Systems Quality, Leslie Gabay Swanston for more information and any questions.